Monday, November 23, 2009

The Packing Process



This whole process of packing for 3 years is really not easy. I should be eliminating things, but somehow instead I seem to be buying a bunch of things. I'm so random. So the things I bought for moving to Costa Rica: Chacos, a headlamp, a new CamelBak, "Redeeming Love", the new TOMS shoes Botas, and a case for my iPod. Yet of course there seems to be more I need (or I guess want) like a good fleece and a quality but compact iPod dock. Oh and movies and music too. But through looking for all of this, buying some, and searching for the big Black Friday deals really makes me glad that I won't really have anywhere to shop or much need to for the next few years. I see things or great deals and then I somehow start to think I need them. This whole materialistic US culture (and time of year) easily distract me.
Anyway...back to packing: I'm trying to split up all my stuff into 3 groups.
  1) Stuff I'm bringing with me
  2) Things to get rid of
  3) The few things I should save
Going through all my stuff thinking this way, definitely makes me think what really matters and honestly how frivolous most of the stuff we have (or at least I have) is. Definitely makes me think a lot...


Well I fly out December 1st, so there's a lot to do and more importantly a lot of people to see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment