Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Exciting News



So here's the first update on me and the plans for why I made this blog:
I'm going to Costa Rica! I'll be headed down at the beginning of December to work helping to start a Christian nonprofit in the mountain village of Vara Blanca and will be there for at least 3 years. The nonprofit is called ADE (Association for Development and Education) and that is exactly what we will be doing, development through education. It's an exciting thing to get to be a part of, but with that there are a lot of unknowns and a lot of having to trust God. I'm excited to see the ways that God is going to stretch and challenge me and ultimately draw me closer to Himself during these next few years (as I've already seen simply through the decision making process).
Thank you, friends, for sticking with me through the process of getting here and I'll definitely need your prayers and encouragement as I don't expect the next few years to be easy; however, I am excited for the adventure that I'm embarking on knowing that I could never last by myself.
Blessings,
Lindsey
**Read Mark 10:13-31 (and take special note of verses 29+30)

No comments:

Post a Comment