Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm HERE!

I'm finally here! I don't yet have internet where I'm living, so right now I'm sitting at a cute little internet cafe not too far from my house. This is really the first time I've been able to just sit and yet I'm still having to get a lot of work done. There is so much to do. It makes sense though: starting a nonprofit is a ton of work! But it's so exciting and God is definitely working.
Here's what I've been up to over the past week (the first week of December):
  1. Arrived in Costa Rica
  2. Painted/helped build a chicken coup
      Drank coffee black with a bunch of Ticas (Costa Rican women)
      Began learning Spanish with the help of the Dozier kids
  3. Painted the center (a beautiful house that was donated to us to host groups, but needs a lot of work)
      Learned how to catch chickens...and let me tell you it's not easy
  4. Painted the house some more and sang Christmas carols in San Jose both in English and Spanish
  5. Painted the house some more (do you see a trend) and sat through a 3 hour conversation all in Spanish
  6. Went to the local community's church in Spanish
      Celebrated Jordan's 13th birthday
      Saw a monkey in my backyard, talked to it and named in George
  7. Woke up to a tarantula in my bathroom, which I caught at 6 in the morning
      Working a lot on organizing our spring break Spanish immersion trips (let me know if you may be interested!)
      Now probably off to paint the house some more...

Thanks so much for your awesome support and encouragement for me! You all are great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment