Thursday, August 4, 2011

My US church & CR church

From the 16th to the 24th of July, I had the awesome chance to see God connect and work together through my home church in the US (Church of the Saviour - COS) and my church in Costa Rica (Iglesia Vara Blanca). The high school group from COS - that I was a part of way back when - came to spend time with our high school students here and be a blessing to this small rural church.

It was an odd convergence of two of my worlds where many things are different, but Christ unites.

  • COS is a church of like 2000 people  -  my church here is about 30 people
  • COS is all in English  -  my church here is in Spanish (obvious difference)
  • COS brought a group of all high school students  -  the church here doesn't really have any youth involved
  • COS is in the Philly suburbs in a pretty wealthy area  -  here we're located in rural Costa Rica
The differences are many, but I really believe that the church here was incredibly blessed and the youth and leaders who came from COS also left blessed. It's an amazing picture of the diversity of the Church. These are often things that divide and separate, but in Christ they can be things of incredible beauty and peace and fellowship. Praise God for how He unites! Galatians 3:26-28

The whole COS group

Helping us with our house  :)

Sharing with our students

Sharing testimonies with the church

No comments:

Post a Comment